The Odisha government has announced an increase in financial grant for Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) workers in the state.
Here is all you need to know about the new scheme:
1. The one-time honorarium for ASHA workers will be increased from Rs. 10,000 to Rs 20,000 under the ASHA Abyahati Yojana.
2. The honorarium amount will be paid under the Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS) to ASHA workers.
3. The grant will be paid to ASHA workers who have been in the service for at least 10 years or getting retired at the age of 62.
4. A financial assistance amounting to Rs 10,000 will be given to every ASHA worker for buying umbrella, bicycle, almirah and rechargeable torchlight.
5. The one-time financial grant of Rs. 10,000 will be transferred directly to the bank accounts of respective ASHA workers.
6. With the latest announcement of the state government, at least 47,000 ASHA workers from rural and urban Odisha will be benefitted.
7. Pertinently, the state is providing a conditional remuneration of Rs. 2,000 to ASHA workers from April 1 against five mandatory and four assured services.